Hi, I’m Jane.
I am fascinated by all things money, mindset and what makes a good life.
“There is, undoubtedly, more to life than money. But money does help create freedom and choices (and pay for therapy!) – all of which are integral parts of living a meaningful, rich life.”
In the various roles throughout my financial services career, I’ve worked with and been exposed to some very wealthy people – as in, courier-my-paperwork-to-my-superyacht-in-Monaco wealthy. All of those people had one thing in common, they BELIEVED they could be wealthy.
Our emotions are an important part of who we are, but sometimes they get in the way of building wealth. Our beliefs fuel our emotions, which in turn drive our behaviour – and often that behaviour isn’t in our best interest. Some retail therapy to help you destress? Selling out of your investments because the stock market has crashed? Or even not asking for a raise because you’re scared of being “pushy”? Believe it or not, these things are related and they’re all driven by our relationship with money – the way we think and feel about money (and ourselves in relation to money).
This blog is an exploration of all things money. The practical how-to’s, as well as the mindset challenges that money brings, and ultimately about how to create a good, meaningful, and rich life.
A little bit more about me:
- I am a total numbers and spreadsheet geek and I’m not ashamed to admit it… ok, maybe just a little bit.
- I’ve recently re-joined the financial advice industry as an Associate Adviser, after running my own financial coaching business for the last 3.5 years
- I live in Sydney’s Northern Beaches and I love it here. The only other city I love almost as much as Sydney is Cape Town, South Africa.
- There is nothing I love more than a pot of loose-leaf English Breakfast Tea and a chat. Although I’m also partial to a good cup of coffee, as long as a chat is also involved.
- My creative outlets include pottery (I made the teacup in the picture above), photography and writing
- I’m married to an amazing man, have two gorgeous kiddos and a Schnoodle called Rufus
- Travelling is one of my favourite things – planning it, doing it, taking photos of it, even just seeing an aeroplane gets me excited.
Financial Information on this site
The financial information on this site is factual information only and is not intended to be a recommendation. Before acting on any information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information with regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. If in doubt, seek the advice of a qualified financial adviser.